Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Garden Update...Summer 2014 In the Garden

Joe Pye weed did well this year...lots of butterflies stop by to feed. Below the New England Asters were stunted...did not do well at al this year. Stunted and brown so far. Not good for the Pearl Crescent Butterfly.


 My front door. The New England Aster took a break and the wild sunflower took over. Nature does not like a vaccuum.
 Best year ever for tomato. They were delicious and abundant. I did not have to water much. I think the level of rain was just right for them.
 The swallowtails did well on the dill and fennel...I have seen a lot flying around too.
 Overall things did well. The best producers in my garden were cucumber, tomato, yellow squash, beans and carrots. The arugula did well, and usually does.


 The elderberry leaves got eaten a bit by something. Never saw what. Birds are happy with the berries

 A  view from my back lot.
 The Treemendous Maple is still producing lots of green leaves. Found a bigger opening above at the top of the tree.
 Above is my cover crop: Buckwheat. It is doing very well. Only put it in a few weeks ago.

 Lots of beautiful heirloom tomatoes. I roast them and then freeze.
 Pop Dog!
 Monarch on the Swamp Milkweed
Beautiful Corepsis.....overall a good summer. The roses did not produce well. It was a hard winter for them. My Sweet Annie got knocked out, but the poison ivy was very abundant. A big year for ivy. We spent a lot of time taking it out.

No comments: